Follow along and interact with the slides below if you want:
Watch the session on YouTube.
- Data Visualization: Display complex information in a way that makes it easier for your end user to explore or understand what you have done.
- Infographic: A collection of imagery, charts, and minimal text that gives an easy-to-understand overview of a topic or distills a theme.
- Breaking things down into the following four categories will help you select the appropriate graphic type for your data.
- Before starting project it is good to step back and consider:
- your message
- your audience
- your data (requirements + structure)
- Font and colour convey personality, select appropriately and keep it simple.
- Piktochart and Visme are online tools with a robust free tier.
- Many visualization tools can be found linked from the data visualization subject guide.