In this step we will be exploring the University of Manitoba’s ArcGIS Online (AGOL) interface.
- Account/ Online training
- Available tools
- Workspace options
- Linked data sets
- Navigate to UM’s ArcGIS Online Portal (https://univmb.maps.arcgis.com)
Log-in by clicking on the blue button for accounts created after December 1 2020.
- The Home page is your Landing Page.
Numbers 1-3 illustrate the locations of the following elements:
- Account (includes link to training materials)
- Tools (all of the different ESRI Apps available to you)
Options (pages for different purposes (you content, maps, etc.)
- **Click ** on your username in the top right corner of the screen.
Select theTraining option half way down the list.
At the top of the page select the Catalog option, then the Course Catalog
- Take a bit of time to browse through the training options available to you.
- Return to the UM AGOL Home page.
- Click on the waffle button that is to the left of your username in the top right of the screen to see the tools that are available.
- Today’s session will be focusing on ArcGIS Online (also linked in the top navigation of your Home page) and StoryMaps.
Numbers 1-2 illustrate the most useful navigation options of the Landing Page:
- Map (where to go to create a new map in AGOL)
Content (where all of your data, objects and organizational content is stored)
- We will explore these options in greater depth in the Integrating section.