This hands-on session provides an overview of data visualization techniques and instructions on how to apply them in ArcGIS Online. Participants will learn about best practices and guidelines for designing effective StoryMaps. Learners will get a chance to go through the entire design process of creating a narrative with their data for a particular scenario using ESRI tools.
In this session, participants will:
- Gain an overview of data visualization/ storytelling
- Discover popular tools and strategies and what is supported through the University
- Explore the ArcGIS Online interface
- Create a basic StoryMap using ESRI tools
- Ensure you have logged into your ArcGIS Online Account. The session instructor will email you instructions prior to the session. Take me there!
- Download the data and extract the compressed files into your Downloads folder. Download Data