Follow along and interact with the slides below if you want:
Watch the session on YouTube.
Key points from slides:
- Data can be categorized as open or proprietary
- Step back and consider the authoritative body that would have created the data you are looking for.
- If you are going to make a map, your project will need a geographic bounding unit and microdata that can be tied together.
- Make use of the materials available to you as a student while at UM:
- Subject Guide data
- Accessing quality data can take time. Be kind to your future self.