Follow along and interact with the slides below if you want:
Watch the session on YouTube.
- Data Cleaning: Manually or programatically improving the quality of your data.
- Major issues addressed are:
- Null Values
- The major benefits of having clean data includes:
- More efficient research
- Easier conversion
- Secondary use
- OpenRefine is an open-source desktop solution for data cleaning. It straddles the line between manual and automated and is great for beginners and more advanced users alike.
- Many visualization tools can be found linked from the data visualization subject guide.