This hands-on session provides an overview of Inkscape and how it can be used to create publication quality maps from QGIS. Attendees will be introduced to various tools and procedures focusing on geospatial data. Participants will become familiar with navigating the Inkscape interface and popular workflows. An example layout will be used to see how different tools can be used.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Gain an overview of common workflows for exporting from QGIS to Inkscape
- Explore Inkscape interface using simple examples
- Clean a layout with multiple maps and textual components
- Download and install Inkscape 1.1.2 onto your computer. Take me there!
- Download the data and extract the compressed files into your Downloads folder. Download Data